POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feeling the pinch yet? : Re: Feeling the pinch yet? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feeling the pinch yet?
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Mar 2008 12:19:53
Message: <47e3ee39@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> What you have there is a perpetual motion machine. Physically impossible

Not necessarily. But highly improbable at the macroscopic level.

Apparently there are some quantum effects ("zero energy point") that
could actually maybe be used for this sort of thing. I didn't believe it
until a theoretical physicist told me yeah, maybe you could, because
thermodynamics doesn't apply to virtual particles.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"